1. Our CommitmentWe are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APPs”) and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This includes suitable measures to protect electronic information and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We are also subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations under other laws that govern our activities.
2. Collection of personal information2.1 Information we collect from you We collect personal information form you that is relevant to the marketing of real estate. We will usually collect this information directly from you. However, in some circumstances we may also collect personal information from other sources, for example if another person provides a referral.
2.2 Sensitive informationWe do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where we are permitted or required by law to do so.
3. What happens if you choose not to provide the information?You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide our products and services to you.
4. Use of personal informationWe use your personal information:
- to provide products and services to you;
- inform you of products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve the services we provide to you and to inform you about any improvements or changes in services;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Disclosure of personal informationGenerally, we will not disclose personal information we collect about you to any third parties without your prior consent. Similarly, we will not sell any information we collect about you. However, we may disclose personal information about you:
- to service providers who provide services to us, such as estate agents acting for us and providers of sales and support services – we ensure that these parties are obliged to protect your personal information from unauthorised access;
- to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure;
- to government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to parties to whom we sell all or part of our assets or business.